0

Camping

 Mom's, kids, and camping.  That was the original idea.  That Amy and I would take our four kids tent camping at Yogi Bear Campground in Williamsport, MD.  The idea changed a little when Amy was able to borrow her friends camper that had air conditioning.... THANK GOODNESS considering the temperature was in the high 90's the whole time with an overnight low of around 88 degrees!!!
 While the campground had everything that anyone could imagine... the kids liked the camper!!  Above you can see two of the three bunk sleeping areas and below you can see all of them enjoying Popsicles on the couch (aka - Erin's bed).
 Because of the heat, we knew we didn't want to cook over a fire so Amy ran to McDonalds to get dinner - a short 10 minute trip saved our sanity!!  We did try to roast some marshmellows but couldn't get the two pieces of wood to light (didn't want to burn any more then necessary because it was so stinking HOT).
Sitting around the pretend campfire!
 Luke and Cora ended up on the nice wide pull out couch because Luke kept falling out of his bed - when he sleeps he is ALL OVER THE PLACE and Cora coughed so much she made herself throw up.  Fun times for me - I think I slept around 30 minutes all night - on the 4 foot long mini couch!! :-)
 As I said, the campground had lots of stuff, stages with shows, playgrounds, arcade, mini-golf, hiking trails, hay rides, pool with slides and water fountains, and more.  We were only there for 22 hours but felt like we managed to get a lot of the activities in!!
The end of the kids dancing show!
 Here is a good idea, "Ok kids, go over and take a picture."  (Make sure to look directly into the sun and be sure to touch the seamy hot board with the edges of your faces!!)  **oops!!**
Please stare directly at the sun!!
 When the jump pillow wasn't on fire from the direct sunlight and heat from the sun, the kids did get to jump for a while - running back and forth and sliding everywhere!!
 To test out the waterslide we all went up and were planning on going down in this order Me, Cora, Luke, Carrie, Atlee, and Amy at the end.  An adult on each end to keep the kids safe.  I wasn't on the slide for 10 seconds before I started to panic, I just *knew* my kids would freak out at how fast the slide was and start to scream.  As soon as I got to the bottom I tried frantically waving to get their attention at the top to prevent anyone from riding down.... only to see Luke and Cora pop out of the slides with the biggest grins on their faces - BEGGING to go again!!!?!?!?
The kids LOVED the slide!!
 Luke and Cora loved the slide and wanted to keep going.  It was mommy who was nervous and made them stop ridding so often!!!
Luke, you are losing your pants!!
 The pool area MADE THE CAMPING TRIP!!!!  I have learned a big lesson about camping with kids in the heat... food needs to be cold, LOTS AND LOTS to drink, and there MUST BE a pool!!
I would love to try again when the weather is a little bit cooler... maybe even try some tent camping (on the air mattresses of course!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.