1

No time

It is hard when there is too much to do at work and too much to do at home. . . When I am at work I say to myself, "Ok, I am going to stay late and get all this stuff finished, work after the kids go to bed, and over the weekend, I will finally catch up!" When I am at home I say to myself, "Ok, I am going to leave work early, work all weekend on my "to do" list and after the kids go to bed I am going to fold all the laundry." But in the end I just continue to do my best getting by day to day!!! Life?!? I can't complain . . . :-)

The only good thing about having too much to do is that a lot of stuff gets done!! :-)
  • created and ordered xmas cards (should arrive in a week so I can address and send)
  • took down all Fall and Halloween decorations (ready for xmas decorations next week)
  • found Cora a coat (no luck on boots yet)
  • rented ski equipment for kids (still need to get helmets)
  • new shoes for kids (need a Thanksgiving dress for Cora - hopefully Wed!)
  • purchased pants that actually hit Luke's ankles (pants are not good for the Gentzel family)
  • purchased, replaced, undid, returned, repurchased, and re-installed leaky kitchen faucet (thank you Dave for understanding that the first one was just too short/low for me)
  • back room of basement cleaned/organized and ready for xmas decorations (again - thank you Dave)
  • haircuts for the boys (again - thank you Dave)
  • bookbag, lunchbox, and "stuff" ready for Cora to go to school
  • laundry, laundry, and more laundry :-)
  • the list goes on and on. . . I think you get the idea ;-) (this was just this weekend)
In the mean time, I have had a chance to snap a few pictures during the errands and everyday happenings!
Luke is in the middle (or some phase) of potty training. He wears sweatpants all the time at home. Some days it is five outfits in two hours and some days it is one all day . . . I was spoiled with Cora and now I am paying for it with Luke. He has no interest and doesn't care when he is wet!! LOL. . . What can I do except keep trying!

Arts and Crafts time. Still have issues with letting the kids create and make a mess, I try to just walk away and clean up when they are finished instead of wiping up every few seconds.
The kids will take longer baths which allows me to fold laundry and "neaten" (not clean) the upstairs or work on school work. . .
It is just a busy time of year and that is just the way it goes - I will try not to let it stress me out, listen to the Christmas music that has already started playing on the radio and in stores and do my best to enjoy the next weeks that lead up to xmas!

Note to work and home . . . I will try keep up, forgive me if I don't! :-) :-) :-)

1 comments:

  1. Erin says:

    It'll all be there tomorrow, so no need to finish it today!

    Hope you are all enjoying the holiday.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.