Do you see the pretty blue beta fish that is in the vase? Since my cousin Emily's wedding in New York I have diligently taken care of this pretty little blue beta fish. This little blue beta fish sat in my lap for 5 hours on our trip from New York to Maryland. I went out and bought this little beta fish some special beta fish food and I read about how to properly change the water and care for this pretty little blue beta fish.
Every morning Cora says, "Good morning fishy" before we leave to go to daycare and every night we feed him his special beta fish food and tell him good night. When we read Dr. Suess' "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" we are sure to point out the blue fish is just like the one down stairs.
We loved this little fish - not like we love the cat - but it was a nice part of our little family until yesterday.
After cleaning the vase I must have put too much water in the vase - raising the water level dangerously high. . . so the silly little fish decided to pull a "Finding Nemo" wanting to get back to the ocean and he actually jumped out of the vase!!!
Let me say it again . . . the stupid little blue beta fish jumped out of the vase!! He flopped around on the counter (leaving his wet little beta fish body prints) and flopped around until he fell onto the floor where he lay until I found him upon returning home from work!! Are you serious?? What a dumb little beta fish!!
Oh well - luckily Cora hasn't mentioned it so I guess I don't have to go out and get a new one?!?! What a disappointment!! So you aren't blind if you don't see the fish in the vase - there isn't one - he is in the trash bag, in the trash can, by the curb waiting for the garbage man to take him to the dump!!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: