Thursday nights are full of tumbling and jumping at gymnastics classes. Cora and Luke take gymnastics at 4Star Gym in Williamsport. They are progressively learning new skills but no one is asking them to join the gymnastics team (if you know what I mean ;-)Above Cora is demonstrating a "pike" and below she is patiently waiting her turn to receive her ribbon. She loves gymnastics and spending time with her friend (sitting next to her on the right is Riley).
Below is the only picture I was able to get of her receiving her ribbon because in the other four pictures, she is tugging at her leotard. I should know better then to put one of my kids in anything that is one piece - one piece clothes are too short and require too many adjustments!!
Below Luke is patiently waiting for his turn. The ironic part of this picture is that he RARELY patiently waits for anything in gymnastics class. He is not the best listener when he gets excited and the gymnastics teacher had to tell me after one class that if he didn't start listening better that for "safety purposes" he will not be able to continue in the class!! (OOPS!!!! Geez Luke - can't you calm down??!!?) We had lots of talks with him and it ended up being fine, after constantly discussing the consequences of misbehaving!
Luke waited and finally got to go get his ribbon. He was the last kid to get his ribbon - the teacher made a point to say the good listeners for that day were going first... again with the bad listening!! ugh!
As you can see by the smile on his face and him kissing his ribbon below, he really loved gymnastics and had a great time. I know that he will continue to get better with listening and hopefully will not get kicked out of any classes for behavior!!
SIDE NOTE: The teacher did come up to me after the first class and ask how old Luke was, she was shocked when I told her that he was 3.5 years old. I had a feeling that day that he was having trouble and the teacher was going to excuse his behavior because he was one of the younger ones in the class. He may look 5 but he is still just a little one. I have a feeling this may be a pattern in his life. His size will be held against him with regards to behavior. This makes the decision to hold him back one year before starting kindergarten even harder.... good thing we still have some time to make the decision!
Powered by Blogger.


0 comments: